Wednesday, October 5, 2011

23 months and 7 months... a retrospective


Anna is still obsessed with puppies, but it's kind of developed into a love for all animals. She likes to do all of the animal sounds. She talks a lot and is super curious about everything. When she doesn't know what something is called she just calls it a "guy" and then she says "mama, guy say?" Uhhh I don't know what that guy says because he's a teething ring, or a diaper, or a mailbox. Thus begins the toddler stumping the grown ups with a seemingly simple question. Anna likes to jump and run and dance. Her favorite thing is to be outside taking a walk or playing on the playground, but she especially likes to pick yellow flowers in the yard with her daddy. We spend most afternoons waiting on the front "powch" for daddy to pull in the driveway.



"NeNe" is seven months old already. He's so sweet. Could I say that any more? I just don't know how else to describe him. Anna and Ben go to childcare at church while I go to Bible Study on Thursday mornings. All of the women just fall in love with him because he'll smile that giant smile for five minutes straight and his laugh is so adorable. He started sitting up by himself the day he turned seven months old. So, he'll probably start crawling soon. And, he's decided, that sometimes he likes to sleep on his tummy. Its his perogative. He's been eating baby food for a while now. He loves the fruit and likes the veggies ok although he looks longingly at Anna's quesadillas and pasta. I think we're both ready for the table food phase. Ben also loves to jump - more than I remember Anna doing at this age. He'll jump for quite a while in his jumperoo or even on your lap.  Oh, and he's loud.  I don't know if its because he's a boy or if he has extra large lungs or what but this boy is very loud.  He's loud when he's upset, when he's laughing, and when he's just "talking". Its ok. We think we'll keep him.